Saturday, August 18, 2012

mirandaLambert.

Hi!
   I cannot believe that it is already 2:37am as I am writing this and I have to be up in seven hours to go to work. Shoot me. ANYway, obviously you all know that the purpose of a blog is to write whenever you're feeling inspired, mad, sad, funny, whenever really. All of those emotions or feelings are great when blogging. This blog is titled what it is titled because the person who this blog title is named after is a huge inspiration of mine. As a female, how can one not love everything that Miranda Lambert stands for? She believes in women being empowered, strong, as well as independent. She believes in justice for those who treat people wrong. I can't say that I disagree with her.
   Tonight was the fourth time seeing her in concert period. The first time I saw her was in Fay and she was opening up for Jason Alden who was then opening up for Dierks Bentley. And now, six years later, she has one of the top grossing country tours this year. Filling up arenas. The second time I saw her was in the Fort, and it was her mini headlining tour where she headlined smaller venues in comparison to arenas. Then, April of this year I saw her in Little Rock not even knowing she would be IN my hometown four months later and as soon as it was announced in May I knew I had to see her again! And bring friends who hadn't ever seen her. She is one of the best live performers and artists that I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot. Tonight however, was the first night that I had ever been so close to one of my top artists ever that I wanted to faint. There's something about actually being able to be 10-15 feet from them where you can literally see their face and it isn't just on a jumbo screen. Seeing one of my musical influences tonight up close was so surreal and honestly such a cool dream that came true. It was on my bucket list! If you haven't seen her show, you have to
   A huge dream of mine has always been to work in the music industry and of course there are millions of other people who want to do the same thing. I don't necessarily want to be in full front like Miranda is, but I have always had this dream of playing in her band. Or in another one of my favorite artists bands. Or songwriting with them. I enjoy music as a whole-but there is so much that goes into making what everyone hears on radio happen. So much time. I dream about working with her and other artists like her. Who are original and have such a head knowledge and heart of the industry. I dream of living in Nashville. I have always said ever since the first time I visited that at some point in my life I would live there. It reminds me a lot of home.
   When someone goes to a concert with me I feel really bad for them. I love looking at and listening to all of the technical things and lighting, mix boards, band placement, listening to the production of everything. I have a blast, especially when there's beer involved. But my natural brain instinct automatically goes into overdrive and is taking notes and loves to see how each artists productions are SO different. I love seeing everything that goes into a show in order to make it happen. Because without a crew to set up stage equipment or to work on lighting or sound boards, it couldn't happen.
   I've played guitar for the last eight years, mandolin for a few, and the next instrument I would love to conquer and learn would be the banjo. Eventually I would love to be a strings master and be able to literally pick up any instrument and play it.
   I am so sorry to those of you who read my blog because this was probably a super duper boring post, but if you read it, then I thank you very very much. I believe that music can really heal someone, anyone, if you really let it sink in to your heart. And into your soul. Falling asleep writing this...but here's a pic from the show!
-H

1 comment:

  1. this is true. After my husband was killed in an auto accident, my brother introduced me to Brooks and Dunn. Their songs helped me through a very hard time. Music is surely healing. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete