Monday, September 10, 2012

rediscovery.

Hey friends!
   So, I really honestly do not even know who was reading my blog and who wasn't reading my blog. It's been awhile since I wrote my last post, but so much has been going on. My Mimi finally passed, and she went to be with Jesus on the 25th of August. The service was beautiful and I actually went and saw her at the cemetery today. In all honesty, there is something so calming and so peaceful when just sitting on the grass at a cemetery. Knowing that she is Jesus just made it sweeter and made me more happy that I will in fact, see her again.
   Thanks to one of my best friends non stop encouragement, she's helped me rediscover my love for photography. I've always loved it; always done it. I have a macho camera, and I would love to be able to do it full time as a career but sometimes I get discouraged because the industry is so competitive. When she saw my portfolio and some of my photos for the first time she was blown away and had no idea I even did photography. Today was the first day in months that I actually went out and shot my camera. For fun. No pressure. And it was glorious. I was reminded of the passion and love I had for it. So I will post a few after this blog post. :]
   Today is Suicide Awareness Day. And if any of you do not know about the non-profit called TWLOHA, aka "To Write Love On Her Arms," you need to check it out. I have been such a huge supporter of it ever since I discovered it several years ago. Having battled serious depression and at one point several years ago considered taking my own life, I am so thankful that there is such a wonderful support system for people out there still struggling every single day. I have three tattoos between two wrists- a Christian fish, the name of a favorite bible verse, (Proverbs 3:5-6) and the third is a Chinese symbol meaning strength. I got the symbol as a reminder that trying to take my life is never an option. That there are people there to help. There are people out there who do understand what you're going through. Sometimes, days seem unbearable and you just literally want to lock yourself in your closet and never come out. Through having been at the bottom of the pit in my life, and being able to come back out with Jesus holding me tight, I have never felt better. Truly.
   However, some days I still struggle and get upset. But I know that I will not ever let suicide, self harm, or anything else that is harmful to myself or others be the solution. Ever. To anyone who reads this who may or may not be struggling, remember you do have purpose. You are special. You were made to be a blessing. You are a blessing. You are loved. And suicide is never the answer to your problems. I love you.
   Here are a few pictures from today. I am thankful for a friend who helped me rediscover a love that I thought was lost a long time ago. Thanks, nugget. :)



-H

No comments:

Post a Comment