Wednesday, August 8, 2012

announcement.

Hi there!
   Well, I can't figure out for the life of me why the heck I always blog really really late at night. Maybe it's because I am comfy in my bed, snuggled up with my pup, obsessing over Pinterest or Twitter. And then boom, it hits me, a thought; and I just run with it.
   Education was something that I wanted to pursue for a long time. As in teaching. Part of me very much wanted to do that, and the other part of me just wanted to do it because it was an easy way out and an easier degree to get. For me. Ministry has always been an option, too. We will see what God does with that over the next couple of years.
   My brother is a person I look to a lot in my life, for guidance, and just because we are extremely similar in views and humor and just, personality types. He and I have always shared the love of justice and what is right. Not what people want to do, or think they should do, but what is right to do. We share a love for that. I knew that I always wanted to have a job where I help people, or children, but definitely people as a whole. Having had experience being in therapy and seeing a person who is clinically trained to help one with their problems, I know first hand how beneficial it is. It is hard, but it is helpful. It can change your life.
   After deciding on teaching, I changed my degree plan to sticking with teaching, and then getting a masters degree in counseling. Psychology has revealed itself to me more and more over the last several months and I have discovered how much I love it. How much I love learning about our brains and learning about chemical imbalances and why some people end up having different disorders, or emotional hardships, or trauma. As I blogged about yesterday, I have always asked the question, why? Why are people this way? Why do people do these things? Why is my brain so different from someone who could do that? And with all of those "why" questions, I am referring to criminals. Not just thieves, but rapists, murderers, and any kind of criminal you could think of.
   When I hear about something on the news or read something online or in a magazine about a heinous crime, I automatically go into this crime solving mode that makes me ask questions. Now, my normal personality type is to be empathetic, and most people would not want to hear details on a crime, most people automatically think the worst of the person who committed the crime. Not me. I must have gotten that from my brother. I want to get inside of their head and break down a wall to figure out the answers to all of my "why" questions.
   Basically, where I am going with all of this talk is that I know I could be so great at working in the field of Psychology. Not just regular ole Psychology, but Forensic Psychology. Where the justice system meets the brain.
   This is pretty much an online diary for me, and I am not sure how I feel about that yet. But, I am itching to get  back to my NCIS episode. :) Those are my thoughts for the night. Hope everyone had a great day! laterrrrrrs.
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment