Sunday, August 5, 2012

been there, done this, im back!

How are you?
   I believe that this is probably the 8th blog I have ever tried to start and have yet to continue with any of them. Which is sad. And lame. But mostly lame. For some reason this time is different, I'm excited to write and be able to use this blog as a vessel for anything. God gave me the love and gift of writing and being able to express myself in this way and I am so very grateful for that. I suppose He is behind this post. I do not know if anyone will read any of these posts, but for some reason, it is still so refreshing to be writing again.
   I love literature and reading and writing. Total dork. Any expression that involves the arts is simply  intriguing and wonderful to me. I love movies. All kinds. And quoting them. Constantly. Music is such a passion of mine, but slowly God is revealing to me a very big gift that has been wrapped in a giant box that has been right in front of me the whole time. I just haven't been able to see it; or I chose not to see it. People. God gave me a heart for people. Compassion, love, acceptance, patience, and encouragement.
   Jesus has come to my rescue more times then I can count. He picked me up off of a very rough hard gravel, bumpy, and dangerous road when I was 14. Growing up in a family where there is substance abuse was not meant to be easy, or fair to anyone. No child should have to deal with that. It is scary and unpredictable, and the people you should be able to trust and depend on let you down. From a very early age I learned this. I did not believe when I was 13 that a "god" would put me in a household where I felt like I did not belong. Seven years later, I am thankful for the rocky past that He saved me from. It has yet to get easy, and it will never be easy. Life is hard. But the only thing I constantly remind myself of is that we as humans are selfish and impatient and we choose to turn our backs on the one thing that created us. The only thing that makes since. Jesus. He never turns his back on us. We turn ours on him.
   I pray for you, reader. If any. Believer or not. I want to remind you, that you are loved. You were created for an amazing purpose. And most importantly, you are special. There is no one like you.

Ps- I'm Hanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment